Enrollment » New Student Registration

New Student Registration

Step 1: Determine your child's educational needs

What's your child's age?

  • Child is age 0-5 years old

    • If you would like information on Alisal USD Preschool programs, please call our Early Child Education Program at (831) 753-5700 ext.4024.  We also have children's playgroups. For more information, please call our Family Resource Center, (831) 775-4500.

  • Child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1.

    • The age of enrollment for kindergarten children for the 2024-25 school year is as follows: A child must be five years of age on or before September 1 to be enrolled in kindergarten in the fall.

  • Child will turn 5 years old between September 2 and June 2.

    • For the 2024-25 school year, children who were born between September 2, 2019, and June 2, 2020, are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten, the first year of a two-year kindergarten program.   To enroll your TK-eligible child, complete the enrollment process on-line as indicated below through your school of residence. TK is a public school program; it is free.

Step 2: Become familiar with the school boundaries

Online Boundary Locator

Step 3: Register with your home school

If you're enrolling your student for the 2024-25 school year, complete the registration packet online.  CLICK HERE.

Si está inscribiendo a su estudiante para el año escolar 2024-25, complete el paquete de inscripción en línea. PRESIONE AQUÍ. 

Once you have completed your online registration, school site staff will reach out to you to inform you of the next steps. This process may take a few days, so we appreciate your patience.

Step 4: Guidance on documentation required to finalize enrollment

To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:

  • Certified copy of birth record 

  • Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth

  • Baptism certificate

  • Passport

  • When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit from the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age.

To prove residency, Education Code section 48204.1 requires school districts to accept “reasonable evidence” of residency in the district and list the types of documents that school districts must accept, at a minimum, as proof of residency:

  • Property tax payment receipts

  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts 

  • Utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts 

  • Pay stubs 

  • Voter registration 

  • Correspondence from a government agency 

  • Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student.