Return to Headlines

Alisal USD serves healthy lunch and breakfast

Healthy lunch and breakfast program

Alisal Union School District in Salinas/Monterey County, California continues to serve healthy meals to students under the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for the 2023-2024 school year. All students will be served a healthy lunch and breakfast at no charge under the California Universal Meals Program at all our schools:

  • Alisal Community School

  • Bardin Elementary

  • Cesar Chavez Elementary

  • Creekside Elementary

  • Frank Paul Elementary

  • Fremont Elementary

  • Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Academy

  • Dr. Oscar F. Loya Elementary

  • Virginia Rocca Barton Elementary

  • Jesse G. Sanchez

  • John E. Steinbeck Elementary 

  • Monte Bella Elementary

For additional information, please contact: 

Irene Vargas, Director of Nutrition Services, Purchasing, and Distribution


1240 Cooper Ave. 

Salinas Ca. 903905


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)       Mail:   U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2)       Fax:    202-690-7442

(3)       E-mail:

This institution is an equal-opportunity provider.

Posted: July 20, 2023