- Alisal Union School District
Announcement of Intent to Fill Board Vacancy and Application Information
ANNOUNCEMENT OF INTENT TO FILL BOARD VACANCY AND
Applications are requested from community members to fill the Board seat vacated by the resignation of NOEMI M. ARMENTA whose term expires in DECEMBER 2022.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, and reside within Trustee Area Number 3, Alisal Union School District and be a registered voter. Interested persons are invited to submit an application addressed to Superintendent, Alisal Union School District, 155 Bardin Road, Salinas, CA 93905.
The application process includes the application for appointment (Application can be downloaded here), a brief resume of the applicant's background, and a statement explaining why the applicant is interested in becoming a member of the Alisal Union School District Board of Trustees. The Application can be obtained from the Office of the Superintendent located at 155 Bardin Road, Salinas, CA 93905 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the District's website, http://www.alisal.org or by phoning (831 )753-5700 ext. 2014. All applications must be on file in the Alisa Union School District office no later than May 26, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
If you are unsure if you live within the boundaries of the Trustee Area Number 3, Alisal Union School District, please call the Monterey County Registrar of Voters at (831)796- 1499 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Applicants will be interviewed by the Board of Trustees at the Board Meeting of June 2, 2021.
THE BOARD IS INTERESTED IN CANDIDATES WHO:
1. Are supportive of the District's mission and goals;
2. Are committed to excellence in providing educational opportunities for students;
3. Will make decisions based on careful analysis of all data without regard to influence by special interest groups;
4. Will work in a mutually supportive way with other Board members, the
Superintendent and staff;
5. Are willing to commit adequate time to Board meetings, Board development
opportunities, and related activities;
6. Have a commitment to the school community as well as the general community,
representing all constituents of the District;
7. Have demonstrated an interest in support for public education;
8. Demonstrate a background reflecting personal and professional integrity; and
9. Are committed and endorse the primary responsibility of a member in regards to policy making.