- Alisal Union School District
Changes to our meal distribution system
To Alisal USD families,
In order to protect the health and safety of our students, our staff and our community, the Alisal Union School District Board of Trustees voted to start the school year with remote instruction. At the Nutrition Services Department, we have moved quickly to continue feeding our students during these difficult times and ensure they are ready to learn.
Because of the previous shelter-in-place order, most of our families will already be familiar with meal distribution procedures established during shelter-in-place. These procedures will remain largely the same when we resume meal delivery the first day of instruction. The primary change is that meals will be provided daily instead of twice a week:
- All Alisal USD enrolled students will receive meals beginning August 5. This is a change to the procedure from March through July that allowed anyone one year old to 18 years old to participate.
- Meal distribution schedule will be from 12:00pm - 2:00 pm Monday through Friday starting Aug. 17.
- Meals will be distributed at all 12 school sites: Alisal Community School, Bardin Elementary School, Cesar E. Chavez Elementary School, Creekside Elementary School, Frank Paul Elementary School, Fremont Elementary School, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Academy, Dr. Oscar F. Loya Elementary School, Jesse G. Sanchez Elementary School, John. E. Steinbeck Elementary School, Virginia Rocca Barton Elementary School, and Monte Bella Elementary School.
- We will continue to feed all students who are enrolled in Alisal Union School District schools, and will continue to provide meals to enrolled students who are not present.
- If parents or guardians are picking up meals for more than four students, they will have to provide the names of the students and the schools they attend for clerks to verify attendance. The verification process will only take place once.
The District also needs to have each family fill out an “Alternative Income Form.” The forms will be provided to all parents during the first day of meal pick up. Please return the form the following day.
Unfortunately, due to changes in federal regulations, we will no longer be able to provide meals for children who are not enrolled in our schools. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these difficult times. We remain committed to serving nutritious meals for all enrolled students while keeping the health and safety of staff and families at the forefront.