Preschool is for children who turn 3 or 4 before December 1 for the current school year. Priority will be given to 4 years-olds. Enrollment is based on income eligibility.
PRESCHOOL OFFERS TWO SESSIONS:
- 8:15 am-11:15 pm
- 12:30 pm-3:30 pm
- Meet income eligibility as determined by the California Department of Education.
- Children 4 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year is first priority. As space is available, children 3 years of age will be enrolled.
Alisal USD offers Preschool at the following school sites:
- Cesar E. Chavez
- Dr. Oscar F. Loya
- Frank Paul
- Jesse G. Sanchez
- Monte Bella
- Virginia Rocca Barton
To register a child for the first time, the following documents need to be presented at the school office:
To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:
- Certified copy of birth record
- Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate
- When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age.
To prove residency, Education Code section 48204.1 requires school districts to accept “reasonable evidence” of residency in the district and list the types of documents that school districts must accept, at a minimum, as proof of residency:
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
- Utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts
- Pay stubs
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student.