New Student Registration
Step 1: Determine your child's educational needsWhat's your child's age?
- Child is age 0-5 years old
If you would like information on AUSD Preschool programs, please call our Early Child Education Program at (831) 753-5700 ext.4024. We also have First 5 playgroups, for more information please call (831) 753-5700 ext. 4533.
- Child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1
The age of enrollment for kindergarten children for the 2020-21 school year is as follows: A child must be five years of age on or before September 2, 2020 to be enrolled in kindergarten in the fall.
- Child will turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 2
Children who turn five on or between September 2 and December 2, 2020 are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten, the first year of a two-year kindergarten program. To enroll your TK-eligible child, complete the enrollment process on-line as indicated below through your school of residence. TK is a public school program, it is free. Note: Applications for children turning 5 after Dec. 2 will be accepted and considered, depending on availability and eligibility criteria.
Step 3: Register with your home school
Complete the registration packet online. CLICK HERE
Step 4: Guidance on documentation required to finalize enrollment
To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:
To prove residency, Education Code section 48204.1 requires school districts to accept “reasonable evidence” of residency in the district and list the types of documents that school districts must accept, at a minimum, as proof of residency:
- Certified copy of birth record
- Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate
- When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age.
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
- Utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts
- Pay stubs
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student.