New Student Registration

  • Step 1:  Determine your child's educational needs

    What's your child's age?
    • Child is age 0-5 years old

    If you  would like information on Alisal USD Preschool programs, please call our Early Child Education Program at (831) 753-5700 ext.4024.  We also have First 5 playgroups, for more information please call Alma Fuerte-Jauregui at (831) 753-5700 ext. 4702 or Jocelyn Estrada at ext. 4703.

    • Child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1

    The age of enrollment for kindergarten children for the 2022-23 school year is as follows:  A child must be five years of age on or before September 2, 2020 to be enrolled in kindergarten in the fall.

    • Child will turn 5 years old between September 2 and February 2

    Children who turn five on or between September 2, 2022, and February 2, 2023  are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten, the first year of a two-year kindergarten program.   To enroll your TK-eligible child, complete the enrollment process on-line as indicated below through your school of residence. TK is a public school program; it is free.  Note: Applications for children turning 5 after Feb. 2 will be accepted and considered, depending on availability and eligibility criteria.


    Step 2:  Become familiar with the school boundary


    Step 3:  Register with your home school

       Complete the registration packet online.  CLICK HERE

    Step 4:  Guidance on documentation required to finalize enrollment

    To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following: 

    • Certified copy of birth record 
    • Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
    • Baptism certificate
    • Passport
    • When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age.


    To prove residency, Education Code section 48204.1 requires school districts to accept “reasonable evidence” of residency in the district and list the types of documents that school districts must accept, at a minimum, as proof of residency: 
    • Property tax payment receipts
    • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts 
    • Utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts 
    • Pay stubs 
    • Voter registration 
    • Correspondence from a government agency 
    • Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student.