March 29, 2017 Board Agenda
Closed Session: Time: 5:30 p.m.
Open Session: Time: Immediately following Closed Session
Place: Jesse G. Sánchez Elementary School (Sánchez Education Center)
901 North Sanborn Road
Salinas, CA 93905
CLICK HERE FOR FULL PDF VERSION
CLICK ON LINKS TO VIEW BACKGROUND INFORMATION
I. CALL TO ORDER - Board President
II. ROLL CALL
- Trustee Area 1, Fernando Mercado
- Trustee Area 2, Maricela Cruz
- Trustee Area 3, Noemí M. Armenta
- Trustee Area 4, Guadalupe Ruiz Gilpas
- Trustee Area 5, Guadalupe Guzmán
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. “SPOTLIGHT” This is an opportunity to feature (one-minute presentation) the positive things that are taking place throughout the District.
- Soup’s on the Supt. Recognition
V. PUBLIC COMMENT (Concerning items on the Open Session agenda and/or non-agenda items)
A. Individuals wishing to address the Board of Trustees on Open Session agenda items, and/or other items, may do so at this time, or wait until the agenda item comes up. There will be a 3-minute limit for individuals; and a 20-minute limit on total public comments.
Starting time: ________ Ending time:_______
B. Association Comments
1. Alisal Teachers Association
2. California School Employees Association, Chapter 577
3. United Substitute Teachers Association
C. Board Member/Superintendent Reports
VII. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
VIII. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Adopt Minutes of March 8, 2017, and March 16, 2017
B. Approve/Ratify Personnel Report
C. Approve/Ratify Contracts/Agreements
1. Contract – Alisal Center for the Fine Arts Network (ACFA)
2. Contract – AlpenSpruce Software, Inc.
3. Contract – Community Partnership for Youth (CPY)
4. Agreement – AMS.NET – E-rate Year 20 Structured Cabling
5. Agreement – Padre Associates, Inc. – Preliminary Environmental Assessment (PEA)
6. Agreement – Palace Art & Office Supply
7. Ratify Agreement – Maxim Staffing Solutions
8. Ratify Agreement – Aida Buelna-Valenzuela
9. Accept Proposal – Hohbach-Lewin, Inc.
D. Approve/Ratify Conferences/Field Trips E. Approve/Ratify Conferences/Field Trips
IX. BUSINESS SERVICES
A. Adopt Resolution 1617-32, finding that the District complied with the procedures set forth in Public Contract Code section 20118.2, in soliciting bids for the E-Rate Year 20 Network Electronics Upgrade.
B. Approve E-rate Year 20 Network Electronics Upgrade agreement with AMS.NET for provision of goods and services related to upgrade of the Alisal USD information technology infrastructure at a cost not to exceed $93,387.39.
C. Conduct second reading of Measure M Series A, bond issuance and disclosure documents, including addressing the possible use of Capital Appreciation Bonds (CABs). Adopt Resolution 1617-33, providing for issuance and sale of General Obligation Bonds, Election of 2016, Series A, aggregate principal amount not to exceed $38,000,000; approve form of the Bond Purchase Agreement; and approve Preliminary Official Statement.
X. EDUCATIONAL SERVICES (no items)
XI. HUMAN RESOURCES
XII. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
XIII. Possible Future Agenda Items
• WestEd Special Education Study
XIV. PUBLIC COMMENTS (Concerning items on the Closed Session agenda only) There will be a
3-minute limit for individuals on public comment; and a 20-minute limit on total public comments.
Starting time:_______ Ending time:_______
XV. CLOSED SESSION (Action may be taken on the items listed below and reported in Open Session.)
Adjourned to Closed Session at:__________
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE/COMPLAINT
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR: Ricardo Cabrera, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources,
(a) Alisal Teachers Association
(b) California School Employee Association, Chapter 577
(c) United Substitute Teachers Union
(d) Unrepresented Employees
3. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
(i) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(2) of Government Code Section 54956.9 in three pending cases:
• Monterey County Superior Court Case No M131979
• Monterey County Superior Court Case No. M124942
• Monterey County Superior Court Case No. 16CV000904
(ii) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(2) of Section 54956.9. Board to consider potential litigation matter: Two potential cases
4. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION (Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957): Superintendent
XVI. RECONVENE OPEN SESSION Time Reconvened_____
XVII. ADJOURNMENT Time Adjourned______