August 9, 2017 Board Agenda
NOTE: See new times for open and closed session
Open Session: Time: 5:30
Closed Session: Time: Immediately following Closed Session
Place: Jesse G. Sánchez Elementary School (Sánchez Education Center)
901 North Sanborn Road
Salinas, CA 93905
CLICK HERE FOR FULL PDF VERSION
CLICK ON LINKS TO VIEW BACKGROUND INFORMATION
I. CALL TO ORDER - Board President
II. ROLL CALL
- Trustee Area 1, Fernando Mercado
- Trustee Area 2, Maricela Cruz
- Trustee Area 3, Noemí M. Armenta
- Trustee Area 4, Guadalupe Ruiz Gilpas
- Trustee Area 5, Guadalupe Guzmán
- Soup's on the Supt. Recognition
- 1. Alisal Teachers Association
- 2. California School Employees Association, Chapter 577
- 3. United Substitute Teachers Association
- 4. Board Member/Superintendent Reports
C. Board Member/Superintendent Reports
2.MOU – Community Housing Improvement Systems and Planning Association (CHISPA)
3. Agreement – DecisionInsite
4. Proposal – Padre Associates, Inc.
5. Agreement – Johnson Electronics, under (CUPCCA), low-voltage infrastructure and installation, District-supplied projectors in new two-story classroom building (Fremont Elementary)
6. Grant Award – CA Dept. of Education, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant
7. Service Agreement – Blackboard (Blackboard Web Community Manager, Blackboard Mass Notifications, and Blackboard Mobile Communications Application
11. Contract – Santa Clara County Office of Education, California Preschool Instructional Network (CPIN)
12. Contract – California Association of Bilingual Education (CABE), one day of professional development
2. CDE 17th Annual Accountability Leadership Institute for English Learner and Migrant Student Conference (Mr. Quoc Tran, and Dr. Delia Gómez)
G. Approve the 2017-2018 Consolidated Application for Federal Funding.
B. Adopt Resolution 1718-03, adopting the School Facilities Needs Analysis and adopting the Alternative School Facility Fees in Compliance with Government Code Sections 65995.5, 65995.6, and 65995.7.
C. Approve the revised annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
D. Adopt Resolution 1718-04, Budgetary Increases and Transfers at the 45-day budget revision for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
E. Approve the revised salary schedule for Certificated Management and Cabinet staff.
XII. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
- Field Trip Process (fall)
XIV. PUBLIC COMMENTS (Concerning items on the Closed Session agenda only)
XV. CLOSED SESSION (Action may be taken on the items listed below and reported in Open Session.) There will be a 3-minute limit for individuals on public comment; and a 20-minute limit on total public comments.
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE/COMPLAINT
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR: Ricardo Cabrera, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, Employee Organizations:
(a) Alisal Teachers Association
(b) California School Employee Association, Chapter 577
(c) United Substitute Teachers Union
(d) Unrepresented Employees
• Monterey County Superior Court Case No. M124942
• Monterey County Superior Court Case No. 16CV000904
4. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION – Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(2) of Section 54956.9: One (1) potential cases
5. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR: Jim Koenig, Associate Superintendent of Business Services, (Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8)
Address: 1081 Buckhorn Dr., Salinas, CA
XVI. RECONVENE OPEN SESSION